Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book Review: Because He Loves Me, by Elyse Fitzpatrick

I recently finished reading "Because He Loves Me": How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life by Elyse Fitzpatrick. This book is a wonderful read. It keeps the reader involved and is well laid out. Each chapter builds on the previous chapter in a delightful manner. The basic premise of the book is that as believers in Christ we sometimes, even often, forget Him. This forgetting is not in the sense that we are not aware of Him but that in our daily life we tend to live out our beliefs without a conscious awareness of, or acknowledgement of His presence. As an example of this the writer asks the question, "Where did the ongoing incarnation of Christ intersect your life yesterday"? I do not want to say much more and give away the beauty of reading this book except that it takes us on a journey of seeing and savoring Jesus and what He has done for us and how that should be the most significant characteristic of our faith and life in Him. I am no one special just a sinner saved from wrath by God's mercy and grace but "Well done Elyse" you touched my life with your book and through it I know I am loved, well, because He (Jesus) loves me.

Yours in Christs Amazing Love, Bob Best

No comments:

Post a Comment